Fly Away Friday
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
January 19, 2015 – February 13, 2015
1. TO ENTER the Fly Away Friday contest (the “Contest”), an announcement will be made each weekday during the Contest Period (defined below) at approximately 7:10 a.m., 11:10 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“ET”), telling listeners to call in for a chance to qualify (collectively the “Announcements” and each, an “Announcement”). When you hear an Announcement, call the KooL 105.3 contest line at 519-884-1053 (the “Contest Line”). The caller who places the 25th call received (each, a “Qualifier”) on the Contest Line following an Announcement will qualify for entry into a Weekly Prize draw as described below. In the event that the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. Qualifiers will be announced on air and may be required to chat on-air and will be required to provide KooL 105.3 with his/her name, address and telephone number. If there is not a clear telephone connection between KooL 105.3 and any Qualifier, such that one or each other cannot hear the other, such Qualifier will be disqualified and KooL 105.3 will not be liable in any way for such failed connection. In conducting the Contest KooL 105.3 and its representatives have the full and absolute discretion to disqualify any Qualifier who fails to respond on the phone or whose response cannot be heard and KooL 105.3 shall have no liability or responsibility to any Qualifier so disqualified. You can only qualify once during each Qualifier Entry Period described below.
Contest starts Monday, January 19, 2015 at 7:10 a.m. ET and closes on Friday, February 13, 2015 at 3:10 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will consist of four Qualifier entry periods (each, a “Qualifier Entry Period”) as follows:
• Qualifier Entry Period One will commence on Monday, January 19, 2015 at 7:10 a.m. ET and close on Friday, January 23, 2015 at 3:10 p.m. ET.
• Qualifier Entry Period Two will commence on Monday, January 26, 2015 at 7:10 a.m. ET and close on Friday, January 30, 2015 at 3:10 p.m. ET.
• Qualifier Entry Period Three will commence on Monday, February 2, 2015 at 7:10 a.m. ET and close on Friday, February 6, 2015 at 3:10 p.m. ET.
• Qualifier Entry Period Four will commence on Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:10 a.m. ET and close on Friday, February 13, 2015 at 3:10 p.m. ET.
There are four (4) prizes (collectively the "Prizes", and each a "Prize") to be won. Limit of one (1) Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsors are: KooL 105.3, a division of Bell Media Inc., Sandals Resorts / Unique Vacations Inc. and Air Transit Service Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and be 18 years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Prizes: There are four (4) Prizes, each consisting of a seven (7) night trip for two (2) to Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa in Antigua & Barbuda. Each trip includes:
(i) ground transportation for two (2) to Pearson International Airport (the “Departure Point”) from the applicable Prize winner’s home if such Prize winner resides in the Waterloo Region (in the event that a Prize winner does not reside in the Waterloo Region, as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion, such Prize winner can either: (a) arrange his/her own transportation to the Waterloo Region, at which point ground transportation will be provided to the Departure Point; (b) pay an additional charge to be picked up at the Prize winner’s residence (note: this option is only available if the Prize winner resides within an area serviced by Airways Transit); or, (c) the Prize winner can forfeit the ground transportation portion of the Prize without substitution or remuneration in lieu thereof, and will be responsible for obtaining his/her own transportation to the Departure Point at his/her sole cost);
(ii) round trip economy airfare for two (2) from the Departure Point to St. John’s, Antigua & Barbuda;
(iii) return transfers from the airport in Antigua to the applicable resort;
(iv) seven (7) nights' accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy, at the Contest Sponsors sole discretion);
(v) all meals while on the applicable resort, including anytime snacks and unlimited beverages (non-alcoholic only);
(vi) nightly entertainment, to be determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion; and,
(vii) water and land sports while on the applicable resort, as offered by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion.
Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, a $175 USD processing fee which will be required to be paid by credit card prior to travel, fuel/currency surcharges, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must not have any bar to entry into Antigua. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion may be required to present a major credit card in his/her name upon check in at the resort. The trip must be taken between April 1, 2015 and December 15, 2015 and is subject to availability and blackout periods, as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion. Each trip is subject to availability and confirmation of travel dates may only be provided thirty (30) days prior to the departure date. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion failing which the Prize will be forfeited. No change in travel arrangements can be made by a Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. Sandals Resorts reserves the right to relocate any processed Prize winner and his/her travelling companion from their hotel of choice to an alternate resort within its chain of resorts or to alternate dates, based on availability. The Prizes may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. Each Prize winner’s travelling companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to participate in the Prize. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Approximate retail value of each Prize is Six Thousand Dollars ($6,000.00) CAD.
5. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
6. On each Friday of each Qualifier Entry Period, at 4:00 p.m. ET, a random draw will take place at KooL 105.3 in Waterloo, Ontario, from among all eligible Qualifier entries received during such Qualifier Entry Period (each, a “Weekly Draw”). For greater certainty, eligible Qualifier entries received during a Qualifier Entry Period will not carry over to be entered into the Weekly Draw(s) that corresponds to any subsequent Weekly Period(s). The first Qualifier entry drawn during the course of each Weekly Draw will be deemed the potential winner of a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Qualifier entries received during the applicable Qualifier Entry Period. 105.3 Kool FM, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the applicable Weekly Draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days as noted above, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
Before being awarded a Prize, each potential Prize winner and his/her travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential Prize winner and his/her travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, the Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Friday, February 20, 2015.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entrants and compliance of callers with these Rules, are final and binding on all entrants and callers in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.